Why Donate Real Estate?
- You receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of your donation, which you obtain from the appraiser of your choice, potentially eliminating capital gains tax liability on the sale of real estate.
- You no longer incur property tax and maintenance fees.
- Community Housing Innovations (CHI) pays all closing costs and recording fees.
- CHI handles administrative requirements to make it easy for you.
- In most cases, the entire process is completed in 3 to 6 weeks
Why Donate to Community Housing Innovations?
Your donation will help our 30-year-old non-profit continue to provide the following services to families and individuals in need of help:
- Emergency Shelter for over 1,000 people each night
- Supportive/Transitional Housing
- Case Management & Supportive Services that promote self-sufficiency
- Permanent Housing
- First-Time Homebuyer Counseling & Education
- Affordable and Workforce Housing Development
- Foreclosure and Eviction Prevention Counseling