Community Housing Innovations, Inc., through the New York State Affordable Housing Corporation, is offering First-Time Homebuyers assistance to cover down payment and/or closing costs plus rehabilitation and repair expenses.
• The program is open to qualified applicants purchasing properties within Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties.
• Applications are processed on a first come-first served basis, in the order they are received.
• Properties eligible for assistance through this program are single-family homes, townhouses, condominiums and co-ops.
• Participants are required to contribute at least 3% of the expected purchase price to the transaction. The contribution may come from checking, savings, investments, 401K, and/or gifts. Proof of all assets and documentation of the contribution is required at the time of application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTEND CHI’S FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER ORIENTATION BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
Click Here for the Renters into Owners grant guidelines.
For our next free Grant Orientation, click here: https://www.communityhousing.org/free-homebuyer-orientation/
|Income Limits: Effective 7/1/2020|
|COUNTY||MAXIMUM GROSS HOUSEHOLD INCOME BASED ON FAMILY SIZE|
|Nassau & Suffolk|
Please mail or deliver the completed application with the required documents to:
Community Housing Innovation, Inc.
75 S Broadway, Suite 340
White Plains, NY 10601
(914) 683-1010 (for both Long Island and Westchester grants)
CHI requires all grant applicants to attend a free Homebuyer Orientation and homebuyer counseling is available as part of the application review process. CHI will also provide referrals to participating lenders to all applicants to assist in securing a mortgage. CHI requires that all grant recipients invest a minimum of 3% of their own funds in the transaction; check the grant guidelines flyer for more program rules and requirements.